- Highly skilled and efficient editor and writer; experience in writing/producing content for a variety of specific audiences
- Accomplished at writing articles, headlines and tag lines for financial content
- Experienced in delivering information through social media including Facebook, Twitter, Digg and Yahoo Buzz
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Excel and Omniture (a web analytics and optimization platform)
- Efficient at working with Web developers and IT professionals
- Competent in Search Engine Optimization techniques and basic HTML
- Knowledgeable in the areas of business, finance and investing
- Expert at setting and achieving company-approved goals on a monthly and annual basis
Contract, June 2011 – present
Manage the editorial side of Techopedia.com, a massive tech dictionary and resource for experienced IT professionals and beginners looking to learn about the tech world. This work includes working with Techopedia’s editors and writers, setting up and managing an in-house style guide and ensuring that quality standards are met. I also write and edit terms and articles on current tech topics.
Contract, September 2011 – present
Write weekly articles for GoldenGirlFinance.ca, a website that keeps women in touch with financial and economic markets by covering current events, market trends and financial news – with a feminine twist!
Freelance, September 2011 – present
Write articles about banking, personal finance and the economy.
Contract, October 2011 – present
Contribute regular articles on personal finance, budgeting, food and frugal living to WiseBread’s personal finance blogging network.
Freelance, August 2011 – present
Interview small business owners and work with them to develop content for their websites.
Full Time, 2007 – June 2011
- Managing a team of five internal editors and more than 150 freelance writers
- Acting as the company’s main contact for the content department
- Improving editorial workflow and collaboration within the content team
- Maintaining grammar/style guidelines and developing Investopedia’s internal style guide
- Providing regular presentations to the content team to improve in-office communication and ensure quality control
- Collaborating with Investopedia’s Audience Development Coordinator to help broaden the site’s audience and increase website traffic
- Overseeing the company’s initiatives in Social Media on Facebook and Twitter
- Planning publication and drafting publication schedules
- Ensuring that editors meet deadlines and adhere to production and budgetary requirements
- Monitoring site traffic statistics
Full Time, 2005 – 2007
Reported to the Senior Editor and edited financial terms, articles and stock analysis reports. Also managed a group of freelance writers.